On this page you will find an overview of the treatments that are given at Medisch Pedicure Esther Amsterdam. You can book online an appointment at “appointment” or book a treatment by telephone or e-mail.
Anatomy of the foot
We don’t realise it very often, but feet are very important. They ensure that we can walk upright and wear the whole body. The foot consists of the foot root, the mid-foot and the toes. In total you have 52 bones in your feet, which is a quarter of all bones in your body. Furthermore, each foot has 33 joints, 107 bands and 10 muscles or tendons.
Preventing foot complaints is better than cure, so have your feet treated and / or checked regularly at Medical Pedicure Esther Amsterdam is essential.
- About 60% of the population has regular foot complaints.
- Women suffer from their feet 4 times more often than men. Cause: (high) heels. A heel of 6 cm. tax the forefoot by 75%.
- Our feet contain 250,000 sweat glands, which produce almost a quarter of a liter of fluid per day.
- We average 8,000 to 10,000 steps per day, in a lifetime this is about 185,000 kilometers: 4 times around the world!
- The world record largest shoe size -62- is in the name of Leonid Stadnik. With 2.55 meters also the biggest man.
- Numerous nerves come out in our feet.
- If you have sore feet, it has an effect on how you feel further.